Shambhala Buddhist Café for sale in UNESCO World Heritage City of Cuenca, Ecuador
Located in the Historic District of downtown Cuenca (one block up from the Rio Tomebamba), the WindHorse Café seats 25 people. Near many hostels and cultural sites, the Café has been in operation for 5 years. It is listed in the Lonely Planet and well rated on Trip Advisor. The sellers are Shambhala Buddhists.
The WindHorse Café, open for breakfast and lunch hours, is well known for home-cooked healthy meals, vegetarian and gluten-free options, pies, and good coffee.
Above the café kitchen and café seating is a small lounge, meditation / yoga practice room, and office/storage space. The Cuenca Shambhala Meditation Group rents the upstairs room for weekly meditation, occasional classes and as a place to eat and converse together as a community.
The Café currently employs one full-time and two part-time Ecuadorian employees. The owners are fully involved in running the café. Income from the café can sustain a middle class life-style in Ecuador.
Other Pertinent Info:
- 1300 square foot two-story building.
- The café obtained a new roof in 2013
- Asking price: $180,000
- Sale price includes all kitchen equipment, decoration, business licenses, tables & chairs
- Some financing possible to qualified buyer
- Potential for more income if open more hours
- Preference given to Buddhist practitioner/buyer
- Sellers are willing to work together, (train) new owners if desired
- Sellers willing to offer relief time to new owners (several weeks or months per year)
For more photos check out our FaceBook page.
Click here for more on Shambhala Meditation.
For more information please contact Lucy at [email protected]